All grant applicants are to complete and submit the application form enclosed on this website. In addition to the application form a written submission of no more than 3 A4 pages is to be included. The submission must be on the letterhead of the entity endorsed as the DGR and must be signed by a Director, CEO or responsible person of the DGR.
It is also preferable, and would enhance your application if - on no more than one single page - a list of the names and qualifications of your organisation's Chair, Directors, CEO or Department Head was provided along with no more than two single page Signed References relating to either your organisation or the project you are seeking funds for.
1. Applications will only be considered based on the following criteria:
- The Foundation is only empowered to make grants to entities that have Endorsement as a Deductible Gift Recipient as evidenced by the official document to that effect from the Australian Taxation Office.
- A copy of the Deductible Gift Recipient Endorsement document from the ATO is to be attached to all applications.
- The contents of the Deductible Gift Recipient Endorsement document should also confirm the status of the organisation as falling under Item 1 of the table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
2. Applications will be instantly rejected on the following basis:
- If the applicant is not endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient or has tax deductible status under Item 2 of the table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
- The Foundation is not empowered to assist individuals.
- The Foundation does not assist projects or entities outside Australia.
- Grants are assessed on their proximity to the stated objectives of the Foundation.
Conditions of Continuance of Annual Funding
- the recipient retaining tax status as a Deductible Gift Recipient
- funds being applied specifically for the purposes as outlined in the original application
- recipients providing a report annually as to how the funds have been applied, and
- the recipient entering into a 'Conditions of Grant Agreement', incorporating (i) to (iii) above (a copy of which is available on request).
Requirement for Matching of Funds by Applicant
There is generally no requirement for matching of funds by the applicant however from time to the Board will, at its discretion, request funds to be sourced and matched by an alternative government body or organisation.
There is no time limit placed on the duration of grants.
Annual Level of Funding Available
Approximately $1 million annually over all fields of interest
Size of Grants
Minimum Grant $3,000
Maximum Grant $100,000
Average Grant $10,000
Consideration for the 2015 financial year will only be given to applications received between 1 November 2014 and the close of business (5pm ESDT) on 27 February 2015. All applicants are encouraged to submit their applications earlier rather than wait until the closing date.
The final cut off date for applications is 27 February and there are no extensions beyond this date as a very thorough process needs to be undertaken prior to the board meeting in May. Following that meeting all applicants will be informed of the outcome of their submission in writing by post or email by mid-June.
An increasing number of applications are received each year and regrettably denied for no other reason than the funds available at the time of assessment. It is the policy of the Foundation not to provide any further reasons for the declination of applications.